GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Chevy Volt, I don't subscribe to Pandora, XM, Sirius etc... I'm really annoyed that I need to cycle through them to get to bluetooth. Is it possible to hide those options?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Do you mean when selecting on the screen or when pushing the source button on the steering wheel? You say "cycling" so I assume the latter (but you can customize the screen for the former). I don't think my 2013 has Pandora in the cycling menu, but it does have XM that I have to skip over. I've learned to just count to 4 (press 4 times, a little slowly/deliberately, it seems to mess up if you press too quickly) to get me to bluetooth, rather than focus on where it is on the screen. I've also noticed that a source like Aux Input will disappear if you don't have anything plugged into that port... so I have a theory that if you disabled XM that it might also disappear. A somewhat invasive way to test this would be to pull the radio and yank out the XM module from inside (it's just a card that slots in). Not sure if there is a fuse you could pull to easily test, though (doubt it).

·
Registered
203 Posts
In my 2015, the menu can be customized to show just the icons you want to see. Look under the menu settings and view display settings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts