GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has the Ceramic White accents. Does the white control panel show fingerprints and smudges easily?

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am getting white ceramic accents (regretting it a little). I have heard however the dark accents show more fingerprints/smudges easier than the white based on some initial complaints of the dark trim but I am not sure how much truth there is to that.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the Ceramic Whites and am quite pleased with them. They look great in day or night. I've had the Volt for a month, now and don't see any wear, smudges or fingerprints. The only issue I have is that the touch buttons don't always take when wearing gloves. I've had no issues with bare hands. I'll post photos once I get a chance.

DSC00897.jpg DSC00898.jpg DSC00896.jpg

Volt 63

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Finger smudges do appear on the dark gray console, but a soft cloth makes it look like new again. It's the smudges from fingers on the touch screen that really show up. I clean it the same way I would a soft laptop screen, with loving care and a slightly damp ultra clean microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You would think the touch screen would have some type of anti-smudge coating. Many fingerprints on the turned off main screen was the first thing I noticed when we saw one in person. Everything else was very pretty, but that was a surprise.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I haven't received my Volt (With white dash) yet, but I spent several hours examining every bit of the ones at the L.A. Auto show, and I saw no evidence of smudges on the white ones there. Not sure how often they were cleaned though either.

Jerry, still waiting for #536

1 - 6 of 6 Posts