GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else experience this? I was driving on gas with the GPS guidance on. Then, all of sudden the Volt logo came up with the leaves doing their thing. Nothing seemed to be wrong other than the ability to switch charge levels was grayed out. Turning the car off/ on fixed it. Just seemed really weird. Image attached.

Attachments

·
4,852 Posts
I had a reboot happen a few days ago. First time I've seen one. They may have been pushing updates, not sure. Whether or not some updates are actually pushed like this is still debated.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Lol, yawn! This happens weekly on my volt. I've seen the color bar roll-reboot, the white snow screen reboot, the flash to black screen reboot and the horizontal collapsing image strip reboot so far. I've been itching to have my video camera on while driving to document this but I'd hate a break in for the camera when parked. I live in metro Detroit so you can't leave pennies in the cup holder anywhere you park.

I'm used to it, reboots are part of my "wish the nav feature actually worked" center console option mine came with.

I've had it in for nav issues, what was nothing more than a dealer saying "you leave the car overnight, we'll reboot it" I'm too smart to even consider that as any type of service repair....

·
4,852 Posts
Lol, yawn! This happens weekly on my volt. I've seen the color bar roll-reboot, the white snow screen reboot, the flash to black screen reboot and the horizontal collapsing image strip reboot so far. I've been itching to have my video camera on while driving to document this but I'd hate a break in for the camera when parked. I live in metro Detroit so you can't leave pennies in the cup holder anywhere you park.

I'm used to it, reboots are part of my "wish the nav feature actually worked" center console option mine came with.
If yours is that frequent, you may want to have it looked into. My 2013 with Nav has only done this twice, three times at most, in over 10 months.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 2012 did something similar a few times about a year ago. I took it to the dealer and they replaced a module. I will see if I can find the paperwork to get the name of that module. I only had this problem when the temperature was less than 45 F and the car had been parked outside in the cold for a few hours before driving.

Out of curiosity, did your GPS keep the lock/almanac data, or did it seem to be starting cold immediately following the reboot?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If yours is that frequent, you may want to have it looked into. My 2013 with Nav has only done this twice, three times at most, in over 10 months.
I agree. If the dealer is giving you the run-around, contact your Volt Advisor and see if they can help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of curiosity, did your GPS keep the lock/almanac data, or did it seem to be starting cold immediately following the reboot?
Interestingly, it did not continue navigation, but did go back to the map screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts