GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I bought a 2012 model Volt about a month back. Today morning I had to join a phone call while driving. After that, my center console stopped responding completely. I also cannot access my hard disk drive any more.

My iPhone connects over Bluetooth to the Volt.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Do I have to take the car to the dealer for a s/w update? I did not have this problem so far with my Volt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had this happen a month ago. A simple off-on of the car does not resolve. I had to turn off, get out of range with my fob, then come back to restart car. Problem went away. Give it a try with a few minutes away for the car to go all the way asleep.

David

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Did you try turning off the Volt, waiting a couple minutes and restarting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried that, but I waited a few tens of seconds. Not sure I waited a full 2 minutes.

At best wait-and-restart is a workaround. Does anyone know of a "real" fix for these problems assuming this work around even fixes the problem.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had the same thing. What worked for me was to turn the car off and let it set for a few minutes then turned it back on. I think it gave some message about initializing the hard drive. Once I powered on, it did take a few minutes to clear.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Always a good idea to contact OnStar and write down any codes they can provide.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yea, that happened to me once while trying to synch a bluetooth phone to the audio out in the steroe system of the car. Shut the car off and 15 minutes later fine. Never happened again, but I never tried that again either. I guess the software code didn't know what I was trying to do and locked up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Happened to me twice already - first time I took it to the dealer and he did something - but obviously not enough to fix it. Very annoyed...

·
Registered
61 Posts
just experienced this today, while listening to MP3 and driving to work, entire center displayed locked up. No access to climate, radio, nav, fan, all center functions disabled. Fourtunately the car still drives (I was on the FWY). Got to work, turned off the car but the display remained locked even after I opened the driver side door. I went to look at it after about 5 min and the displayed turned off and I was able to restart the car. Very scary experience indeed especially when on the FWY.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Did you try turning off the Volt, waiting a couple minutes and restarting?
I'm gonna WAG this one and guess you're in IT?

3,600 Posts
just experienced this today, while listening to MP3 and driving to work, entire center displayed locked up. No access to climate, radio, nav, fan, all center functions disabled. Fourtunately the car still drives (I was on the FWY). Got to work, turned off the car but the display remained locked even after I opened the driver side door. I went to look at it after about 5 min and the displayed turned off and I was able to restart the car. Very scary experience indeed especially when on the FWY.
Good Evening Thequickad,

I apologize to hear you experienced this today. If it happens again I would recommend getting in touch with your Dedicated Advisor who can document your concerns and also assist in getting to the dealership if needed.

Thank you,

~Ashley Chevrolet EV Customer Service

1 - 13 of 13 Posts