GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having my windows tinted and picking up my car, CEL was illuminated. Called onstar and they read off a ton of codes and said it needs serviced immediately. I'm 150 miles from home so gonna run it over to Chevrolet of Naperville to see what's up. I was so upset that I decided a Lou Malnatis pizza was in order to calm me down. I'll post the codes once I find i get the official from the dealer.

Anybody have any experience with this dealer?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Maybe the tinting company ran the 12 volt battery down. That would throw a bunch of codes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope it is simple. I have it charging at a charging station now while we eat. That is a good thought. Thank you.

Only other variable is we drove up primary on the ICE and it hasn't ran in over a month

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Maybe the tinting company ran the 12 volt battery down. That would throw a bunch of codes.
Agreed!
If it's charging don't sweat it too much. The check engine light will probably go out in a few drive cycles. (day or two)
WOT

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had it looked at. Accelerator pedal didn't pass test was the issue. They ran it through the paces and all checked good. Kudos for Chevy of Naperville for looking at it with little notice !!

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Just had it looked at. Accelerator pedal didn't pass test was the issue. They ran it through the paces and all checked good. Kudos for Chevy of Naperville for looking at it with little notice !!
I've seen those DTCs set if someone was pumping the accel pedal during power up or power down. Possible??
WOT

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were tinting the windshield along with the windows so it's defintely possible since they were probably shutting it off and on often to adjust the windows.

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
650 Posts
Maybe the window tinting guys pumping the accelerator to set the choke? .......lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts