GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Relatively new owner of a 2013 Volt here - only 37K on the ODO.

Trouble free since we've had it since early 2019 - I did have to tighten the axle nuts to fix the "Clicking" issue

Most recently - Not getting heat - EV only (I believe I know the cause based on other posts)

and last week, CEL came on and threw the following codes per my local garage that pulled them for me

P0ACH - ??? Couldn't find anything on this, could be a typo maybe?
P07A3 - Transmission Friction Element A Stuck On (Per OBD-Codes.com)
P1B10 -?? Generic code that signals other issues?

I am wondering if these codes could be attributed to my wife driving down a snow covered hilly road - causing multiple "low traction" warnings, pretty much all the way down the 3/4 Mile road.

She didn't notice the CEL until her drive home - but I'm wondering of the pro-longed low traction could have caused the CEL to come on and throw those codes?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does the car drive okay? You may have had a transient issue that has resolved itself. Clear the codes and see if they recur.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
She didn't notice the CEL until her drive home - but I'm wondering of the pro-longed low traction could have caused the CEL to come on and throw those codes?
It's possible. This code comes on when the clutch 1 releases and the two sides don't diverge to more than 30 RPM fast enough, which is a thing I can imagine happening under some really abnormal driving conditions. One incident is enough to set the code, too.

Avoid that hill if possible, and see if the code self-clears after three significant trips. If it does, it was probably just circumstantial and you probably don't have an actual problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

Just to follow up -

Cleared the codes and have been driving it quite a bit over the last few days - including a 200+ mile trip over the weekend. Codes have not returned!

I'm going to attribute this one to the circumstances due to the prolonged activation of the stability control system.

Now to deal with the no heat issue!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts