GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a company in the Netherlands just released a device that allows CarPlay and Android Auto on a Gen 1 Volt.

https://www.navinc.nl/5-navplay-carplay/carplay-android-auto-set-chevrolet-opel-gvif-incl-touch-control-rgb

youtube video showing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSrS-dKX5Bo

From what it *looks* like, this is similar to the Indiwork HD-Link device (I have this device)....but the exception is the device itself has CarPlay/Android Auto built in - essentially, switching to it allows full touch control and CarPlay/AA. I can't confirm that, but it makes sense since it also adds the same features as the HD-Link, with the rear/front camera, screen mirroring, etc - the HD-Link device has a similar setup (with the exception of the CP/AA)....

It is not cheap, at 699 euro....but if you have a long time left with you Gen 1 Volt, it really isn't a terrible idea - the only reason I look at other cars is because I want the CarPlay.

Don't know any examples of people using it in real life, but seems to be posted as of 8/8/19.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would want it if it wasn't so expensive. If you're using majority of your existing hardware, there should be no need for it to be that high.

·
Registered
152 Posts
There are a couple other places that make them. All seem to be of questionable quality and mixed (mostly not good) reviews. I guess it is supply and demand, there are only a couple places that make them so they can charge whatever they want. The other company was right around $500 (Their customer service is terrible though. The way they treat/talk to someone who is interested in purchasing their products makes me sure I would never give them a dime). That still seems too much as you can get a kit to do the same thing on late model Porsches for about $350-380, and you would expect them to be more because of the markup that seems to be associated with everything Porsche.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts