GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of my melons rolling around the back of my 2015 Volt. The rear of the car has three sets of devices to which accessories can be attached. the first is a set of four little pegs near the top of the cargo area. These are for what i call the tonneau cover, which Chevy supplied. the second is a pair of protruding bolts on either side of the cargo area, on either side, near the top. these appear to be for a kind of long net basket which mounts vertically, and which Chevy did not supply; i looked for this because when i bought my Prii, Toyota supplied them. Third is a set of four rings near the floor of the cargo area, at its corners, for holding a horizontal cargo net. Again, i'm familiar with their purpose because the net is standard on the Prius. Chevy says that one (i'm not sure which one) of the second two devices is available, but my dealer cannot find it in his parts list. And, they have gottten so tired of hearing me complain about this and an egregious bluetooth problem that they have given me a $250.00 accessories credit to shut me up. So, all of you... how do you keep your melons from rolling around? And, what other accessories would you suggest that i might get with my $250.00 credit? It's a one-shot offer. I understand that some of you will think i should just buy another Prius, but I like the Volt. I'll just like it better when my melons stay put. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm tired of my melons rolling around the back of my 2015 Volt. . I'll just like it better when my melons stay put. Thanks!

Woot Asks
How do you store your melons?
37.4% -
In the fridge
27.4% -
On the counter
25% -
IN MY SHIRT :::snicker snort:::
7.8% -
On the tree. Melons grow on trees, right?
2.4% -
Somewhere else (comments)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The cargo net doesn't have to match the volt exactly, either.
One for pretty much any model will do.
I'm using one from my brother, I think it was a Grand Prix.

They're just hooks on rings/loops, and it's elastic.

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
Too bad the accessories are only from GM. You really need a voltshelf and a voltscreen from forum member Scarlett.

As for how to spend that $250, the cargo net won't eat it all up, so you might consider winter floor mats or a cargo area mat, or some nice Chevy wearable goods. If you can't find anything, I'd be happy to take that credit from you.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Too bad the accessories are only from GM. You really need a voltshelf and a voltscreen from forum member Scarlett.

As for how to spend that $250, the cargo net won't eat it all up, so you might consider winter floor mats or a cargo area mat, or some nice Chevy wearable goods. If you can't find anything, I'd be happy to take that credit from you.
----Like----

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is this bit about mental problems and psychotropic meds meant for me? i don't understand how it made its way into this thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious nobody mentioned the Volt Cargo divider. It's a little pricy but it velcros the back of the rear seats and effectively 'blocks off' the cargo area from the rear seats. MSRP is $100 for either, but can be found online for a little cheaper.

GM Part # 22859541 - Leather version
GM Part # 22859540 - Cloth version

1 - 13 of 13 Posts