GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to run up to Canada to get my daughter from college because of the Coronavirus. There were 3 of us in the car and all of her possessions (except she forgot her toaster). 8 hours up, 8 hours back - look at all this fabulous car can hold!

4 x 18 gallon bins
huge hockey bag
laundry basket
3 backpacks
carry-on suitcase PLUS
3 people and more!

20200315_162506.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice!

With the rear seat backs down, the Volt is a “mini-pickup with a covered bed.”

The cargo should be secured in case of a crash. I bought a “Gladiator® SGN-100 - Small Cargo Net“ from Carid.com. With the seat backs down, I hook the front two corners of the net to the front cargo tie-downs provided by Chevy (just behind the rear seats), wrap the net forward, load the cargo, then wrap the net up and over the cargo securing the rear two straps to the rear tie-downs. Works great. Somewhat hides the cargo and in a crash will keep the occupants from being hurt by flying debris.

Volts rule,
JP

2017 Volt with ACC

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cool! Yes, I too have found that the hatchback will haul quite a bit.

What kind of mood was the back seat passenger in after 8 hours back there?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
While I haven't taken a road trip yet, the Volt was big enough to haul home my 65" Samsung TV in original box. I did have to move the seats forward which made the 9 Km trip home from Best Buy a little scrunched and had a couple 1x3" boards to easily slide it in (and make up the not quite flat floor, it did fit (just).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She was fine! The only problem was she couldn't see any of the sights out of the right side of the car :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts