GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the cargo cover for the G2 is a flimsy piece of fabric, but I guess it does the job. But there is also this strange little pocket sewn into it. GM didn't spend much on the entire cover, but they apparently felt it was valuable to spend more sewing this pocket into the cover. Does anyone know what that pocket is for?

·
Registered
17 Posts
So the cargo cover for the G2 is a flimsy piece of fabric, but I guess it does the job. But there is also this strange little pocket sewn into it. GM didn't spend much on the entire cover, but they apparently felt it was valuable to spend more sewing this pocket into the cover. Does anyone know what that pocket is for?
I have wondered the same thing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine came in a small package and I had to unfold it from that pocket when I purchased the car. Short answer: it's pointless.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
So they couldn't spend a nickel on Homelink, or ???, but they could put a useless pocket in the cargo cover :confused:
It's not useless, it holds the folded cover when it is not in use. Which is all the time for mine. I get more use out of that $.05 flap of fabric than I would out of a Homelink button.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You should see me with the umbrella holder in the door.
I was totally floored when I seen a post about that originally. I was laying in bed reading it... I got out of the bed and went out to the garage at 1AM just to look at it and give it a try! Had owned the car for months at that point and never discovered it.

·
Registered
13,929 Posts
I bought a VoltShelf (Duck Duck Go it) and gave my Volt loincloth to some guy from FL on this forum who wanted it as he was missing his loincloth.

Wad the up the cover then flip the pocket inside out to hold all the wadding. Ingenious (not useless) once you figure that out.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It's not useless, it holds the folded cover when it is not in use. Which is all the time for mine. I get more use out of that $.05 flap of fabric than I would out of a Homelink button.
Same here. No garage door opener, so no need for Homelink. My Rendezvous has Homelink. It is still programmed to the garage door opener from the townhouse we rented 10 years ago when we were rebuilding our house. Bet if I drove by there it would still work...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts