GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I wasn't sure. #8 looks like a place to hook the cargo net too, and I have mine hooked into #9 at the bottom ATM.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Agreed, part #7. I have broken 2. Dealer replaced the first one under warranty. When the second one broke, rather than drive a half hour one way to the dealer I just ordered 3 or 4 from GMParts. They are about $3 each, but shipping was some thing like $7, so I ordered extras.

Volt shelf does not work for some of us who regularly carry things too tall for a hard shelf. For me its my guitar and amp (amp is too tall). The rag hooks on or off in 10 seconds. I just keep extra hooks for replacements.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got a "Service High Voltage Charging System" warning the other day, so I took my Volt to a dealership to get it taken care of. (Low battery coolant level, caused by a loose hose clamp!) I mentioned the broken cargo clip and they were happy to replace it under warranty.

I think I'll order a few and fill them with epoxy, so I'll have some reinforced spares on hand. In my experience, plastic in GM cars is sub-par and prone to premature failure. Virtually everything plastic in my 97 Blazer (visor mirror hinges, radio and A/C knobs, etc.) is cracked and crumbling. Hell, both side-view mirrors have cracked and fallen off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a cargo net hook today, here's the part no.

I bought one today. The part no. for a black "GM Interior-Retainer" (aka cargo net hook) is 25913048.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
One of those cheap pieces of crap costs $5-6?! What a ripoff. 3/4 of mine have broken. My Voltshelf is now resting on the top edge of the rear seats until I get some replacements....but not for $6 a pop!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts