GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't seem to be able to find the cargo cover described in the owner's manual. Are we supposed to have such? Where is it hidden in the car or did my dealer lose it when he prepped the car?

TIA,
George in W. Sacramento

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's a flimsy rectangular piece of black cloth/fabric with 4 thin rope eye hooks (one on end)'to fasten to the 4 grommets on each corner of the storage area. The dealer may have left it in the storage area under the cargo area or even in the glove compartment. It's very lightweight but does the job.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It is an accessory that costs $99 extra, unless you ordered it with your car and already paid for it.

Jerry, #536

·
Registered
323 Posts
It is an accessory that costs $99 extra, unless you ordered it with your car and already paid for it.

Jerry, #536
I think the $99 item is the Cargo area floor mat. A Cargo net is available for $45 and a barrier that fills the gap between the seats for $99. My dealer did not have any of these in stock when I picked up my Volt.

The dealer mentioned the cover when I picked up my car. I did not find it in any of the storage compartments in the hatch area. Finally found it in the lowered area on the right side of the 12v battery. I had overlooked it as it is folded small (8x8x2) and the same color as the storage area. Hardly worth $99. It will work to cover the area and should not receive any wear from usage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xzion,
Yes, I had completely overlooked the small packet in that storage area when I first searched. While the small cover seems "flimsy," it will do the job of visually hiding anything laying in the hatch space.

Thanks for everyone for the details on finding it !

George in W. Sacramento

·
Registered
74 Posts
BTW, I did get both the rubber mats and the storage unit for between the seats, the mats were much better quality than I expected - thick rubbber with channels to catch dirt etc and the volt logo. Storage unit for between the seats is nice but more 'cute' than super needed/useful

·
Registered
435 Posts
BTW, I did get both the rubber mats and the storage unit for between the seats, the mats were much better quality than I expected - thick rubbber with channels to catch dirt etc and the volt logo. Storage unit for between the seats is nice but more 'cute' than super needed/useful
I also ordered the mats, cargo net and storage unit. I've been told they're still on backorder. Even my Volt Advisor was aware of the situation and is investigating. Glad to hear your opinion of quality! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts