Registered
411 Posts
San Diego Gas and Electric only.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
San Diego Gas and Electric only.
"The Electric Vehicle Climate Credit is part of a statewide greenhouse gas reduction program administered by the California Air Resources Board. The program is not funded by utility rates but by regulation meant to increase the adoption of clean-vehicle fuels such as electricity.

If you continue to own your electric vehicle, you'll be able to apply for the credit every year until the funding period ends in 2020."

·
Registered
354 Posts
It didn't say anything about net electrical metering being ineligible so I guess they are slanging $50 to anybody who asks for it. It is the state's money, not theirs... That will offset my $120/yr minimum service charge for the next 4 years on my solar contract nicely.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I don't understand what this rebate accomplishes. The public interest is served by incentivising new purchases of plug-ins. But most of this money, for quite a while at least, is going to people who have already bought. Why is the state doing this?

(Yes, I'm only bringing this up after getting my check.) :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is all politics. The CA PUC looks good for authorizing something that "rewards" what the lawmakers view as "good behavior." The utilities look good because they are the ones handing out the money. No one considers that all the funds are coming out of utility customers' rates, so customers are paying for this. Can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "isn't it great that the CPUC/PG&E is giving me a Climate Credit to reduce my bill" or in this case, a low carbon fuel credit, yet it isn't there money at all. PG&E's shareholders are not paying for this, we are in our bills.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
It is all politics. The CA PUC looks good for authorizing something that "rewards" what the lawmakers view as "good behavior." The utilities look good because they are the ones handing out the money. No one considers that all the funds are coming out of utility customers' rates, so customers are paying for this. Can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "isn't it great that the CPUC/PG&E is giving me a Climate Credit to reduce my bill" or in this case, a low carbon fuel credit, yet it isn't there money at all. PG&E's shareholders are not paying for this, we are in our bills.
More specifically, the people that DON'T have EVs are paying it. The people that do are getting more out of the program than they put in.

·
Registered
354 Posts
More specifically, the people that DON'T have EVs are paying it. The people that do are getting more out of the program than they put in.
Maybe this is how welfare people feel. Call me whatever you want, but just keep the money coming.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks larry4pyro, I had no idea this credit was available. I applied for the credit, hope to see it soon.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Maybe this is how welfare people feel. Call me whatever you want, but just keep the money coming.
Nah, they don't mostly don't have electric cars. Or other income. So if you wouldn't eat without that rebate, that might cover it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I checked and LADWP does not offer this $50 rebate. They do have an “up to $500” rebate for Level 2 home chargers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts