GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clips on my window regulator broke yesterday and in the process chewed up the cabling when I tried to roll the window back up. I have a regulator ordered so all good there. I got the door panel off and pulled the old regulator out and rigged up a two by four in the meantime to hold the window up. I was going to just drive around with no door panel and just manually pull the cable for the door latch until I started driving and the car thought the door was open so it will chime for 15 minutes straight which is annoying, to say the least. I put the door panel back in place thinking maybe the circuit is open by default and that the door panel wire harness needs to be in place to tell the car the door is shut. I also hooked the door latch back up. The car still thinks the door is open. From the research, I understand the car doesn't have a traditional door ajar switch. Does anyone know how exactly it senses the door is open or closed? I am sure I missing something but not sure what to check for a fourth time. I don't have the regulator in the car so maybe that circuit goes through it and I will just have to deal with it but thought I would ask

·
Administrator
23,103 Posts
Happens all the time with Volts like yours that don't have year of manufacture...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
This just came up about a week ago with another member who had a window regulator failure. There is a switch but it's located in the latch inside the door. That member reconnected the regulator motor into the harness and the door switch worked normally again. It would appear that perhaps a ground connection may be shared between the door switch and the regulator motor. Without the ground, the circuit can't be completed to let the car know the door is closed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This just came up about a week ago with another member who had a window regulator failure. There is a switch but it's located in the latch inside the door. That member reconnected the regulator motor into the harness and the door switch worked normally again. It would appear that perhaps a ground connection may be shared between the door switch and the regulator motor. Without the ground, the circuit can't be completed to let the car know the door is closed.
Do you know Which fuse disconnects the door ajar alarm?2015 driver front?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts