GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just traded our '14 Volt for a '17 Premier model and would like to know if our old GM-sourced tight-fitting Gen1 car cover will fit our Gen2? If not, what is the best price you have seen from a GM dealer? (My wife says that $395 is out of the question!) Are there any aftermarket suppliers that offer a decent alternative? I am particularly concerned with the roof antenna. The GM cover has a built-in sock that fits over the antenna, but none of the aftermarket covers that I have seen offer that feature. Alternatively, does anyone here have a factory Gen2 cover that they would like to sell?

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
We just traded our '14 Volt for a '17 Premier model and would like to know if our old GM-sourced tight-fitting Gen1 car cover will fit our Gen2?
There's only one way to be sure, but having done a Photoshop comparison of the profiles I would say not likely. The gen 2 has a bit more "junk in the trunk" if you catch my drift. I suppose if you don't might her having some tail showing, it could work. The rest of her profile is very much similar.

·
Supporting Vendor
133 Posts
Hi, the cover from the 1st gen will not fit the 2nd gen, as the body shape is very different. Now, the least expensive non-universal cover that comes to my mind is this cover by Coverking. It will fit the antenna, mirrors and body shape. Here is the link to the whole selection of 2017 Chevy Volt Car Covers. You can check the prices and materials here. But before ordering, make sure the description says it is for the 2017 Volt, not 'Universal'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts