GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The October print edition of Car And Driver arrived with a new review on the 2016 Volt. There is also a two-page Volt ad behind the front cover.

The review is very positive. The writer understands the Volt. The only omission is the failure to include any discussion of tax credits. As a consequence the chart comparing the Volt to other plug-in electric vehicles doesn't indicate the true cost of the Volt.

As near as I can tell this review is not online.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I am still waiting for one of our forum members to get the new 2016 Volt and give us a real world
review with all the stats for mpg, range, etc...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I'm curious about the Volt print ad - can you describe it, or take a picture and post it?

·
Registered
589 Posts
From the C/D review, what was the observed 0-60 elapsed time?

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
From the C/D review, what was the observed 0-60 elapsed time?
Someone posted a pic on the FB Volt owners page. 0-30 = 2.6, 0-60 = 7.8
Not sure what mode their numbers are from though. I'd guess they were in EV mode.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The times were 0 to 30-2.6; 0 to 60-7.8 and quarter-mile-16.1 at 86 mph.

·
Registered
501 Posts
C&D Volt Road Test Screenshots

The C&D Volt ad is below (screenshot from my iPad) Also truncated screenshots of the performance data C&D recorded.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The times were 0 to 30-2.6; 0 to 60-7.8 and quarter-mile-16.1 at 86 mph.
did they mention if the acceleratin tests were done in ev mode or with the engine running (i.e. hold mode)? I assume the former, but hard to tell from the numbers and no, C&D waits a month after the subscribers get their info before posting online.

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Looking at the specs. I did not locate electric range observed by the tester(s) during real world driving. Or mpg just running
on the gas engine once the battery is depleted also observed by the tester(s).

·
1,308 Posts
I noticed that the decibel noise levels in C&D's testing of Tesla Model S60 in 2014 were similar or worse than the 2016 Volt.

Tesla S60, 2016 Volt
Idle: 32, 37
Full Throttle: 72, 65
70 mph: 67, 67

This might imply that C&D did their Volt testing in EV mode as opposed to MT which tested in hybrid mode.

If C&D was also testing in hybrid mode then it would be very impressive that the Volt was this quiet even with the engine running.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts