GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
So a couple of days ago I went to charge my car on a public station where was another Leaf charging. When the owner of the Leaf went to cancel the charge (2 minutes after I did start my charging) the station went dark. I went to retry charging but the car was showing the information Service High Voltage Charging System. It's my first real issue with the car after about 2 years of ownership.

Turned the car on and off, same error. Tried to charge the car again, no go, solid yellow light. Cars runs ok, battery coolant is at level and the battery charges in mountain mode, so it makes me think that it was some issue with the public charger that triggered the error on the car.

Went to the dealer the next day, they can only look at the car in 3 weeks time. Instead of running on petrol I ordered a cheap ELM397 Bluetooth code reader to try and reset it.

With Torque Lite the only error present is P1E00, as soon as I remove it it appears immediately again. I know there needs to be another code associated with it, but I can't seem to be able to read it. Tried other apps like Carista and Car Scanner and it's the same, only that error present.

Tried to use MyGreenVolt to check the car stats and only get the engine temperature. If I try to run the car on petrol it gives me information about fuel usage and average speed. I pulled the OBD reader with MyGreenVolt still connected and the average speed doesn't update, so that info is coming from the reader and not the phone sensors I think.

Could this be an issue with the car itself, the OBD port or is it just the adapter? I've search around here, other forums and the internet and people say they can use these apps with the cheap BT adapters.

Anyone has similar issues?

Edit: Just tried the adapter on my wifes car, works great (2006 Smart Fortwo), gives lots of information from the car sensors. So the adapter seems to ok.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you own a Gen1 Volt, it could be that the battery coolant level is low. The Volts use a special 50/50 premix coolant with deionized water. THe coolant GM Dexcool part# is: 12378390 (also 10-5027).Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Your car should have two different ports for OBD2. One in the driver's knee area and one in the front seat passenger's knee area (I think). Have you tried connecting to the other one?

Can you try a different OBD2 reader? In the US, you can often borrow one from an auto parts store. Maybe it is the same in Portugal.

Your symptoms could be consistent with a bad sensor for battery coolant level, or maybe a damaged charger (maybe a surge from the EVSE?), or probably several other things. It would be good to get the other codes to help troubleshoot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer diagnostic is a faulty sensor, will be replaced under warranty.

I only know of one ODB port, the one on the left side of the car. I will wait for the car to be fixed and try using MyGreenVolt again to check if I get more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts