GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Has anyone in Canada got better than MSRP pricing from a Canadian dealer for a Chevrolet Bolt?
I don't know, but at least when I bought my Volt in October, none of the dealerships I spoke to really wanted to shave anything off MSRP beyond any dealership-wide deals that were there (such as $500 off for GM credit card application), or any other standard discounts.

Since seeing a Bolt is like finding a needle in a haystack (at least in Ontario) - I've never seen one at any Chevrolet dealer...although there is a single one on Autotrader now in Mississauga. My impression is that you have to walk into a Canadian Chevrolet Dealership and order one, and wait some months for it to arrive.

Based on that fact I doubt dealers would come off MSRP at all. Maybe they would throw in some floor mats ;) lol

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Has anyone in Canada got better than MSRP pricing from a Canadian dealer for a Chevrolet Bolt?
I got several hundred bucks off, enough to pay for the "dealer documentation fee". But for an in-demand car like the Bolt you have to be willing to walk away from the deal before the salesman will relent. I was in a position to do that because I was haggling over a car that had come in for someone who had cancelled their order, but I already had an order at another dealer that was slated to arrive in another 4 or 5 weeks.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Here in Ontario you get a $14,000 purchase incentive from the Provincial Government. Some of the other provinces have similar if not as generous programmes. Maybe the dealer thinks you're already getting a good deal.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
When I bought my Volt, the dealer told me they had 3 Bolts allocated to them in 17, and more than 3 people wanting to buy. Hard to imagine much negotiation going on there.
Yeah, I heard the same thing from my dealer when I asked him for my discount. I apologized for wasting his time and got up to leave, and that's when he counter-offered. The dealer would always rather make the sale in front of him than rely on the hopes of another one - its just that when the car is popular you won't be able to get him to move very much on the price. And the key is the willingness to walk away from the deal - that's the only true test of the dealer's resolve.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks to Quebec Provincial Zero Emissions Vehicle Law now in effect GM is madated to sell a minimum amount of EVs in this Province much like in the US for example California where Bolts are plentiful and usually discounted to sell so that GM can get their allotment of ZEV credits. the number one EV sales leader in Quebec is Bourgeois Chevrolet in Rawdon, QC who just posted on Facebook that they will have a few unsold Bolts available. the ones just rolling in on the transport seem to be pre-sold but expect alot more at many dealerships in Quebec thanks the new ZEV law. Ontario might have $14000 credit but GM doesn't need to sell them in that Province.

https://www.facebook.com/bourgeoisc...2405004950884/809964792528233/?type=3&theater

Bourgeois Chevrolet Facebook Post quote "The waiting time is now the same time as an order for a petrol vehicle, which is 3 months. Moreover, in a few weeks, we will even have a few in stock!!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.