GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit naive with Samsung/Android Auto going through Apple CarPlay.

In a Chevy Bolt, plugged into the USB, is there a way to get the tablet to use Android Auto Tablet through Wi_fi?

It appears that it must be a phone only, even though to me it makes sense that through wi-fi maps should be accessible, and there might be a work around that someone might know of.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
A bit naive with Samsung/Android Auto going through Apple CarPlay.

In a Chevy Bolt, plugged into the USB, is there a way to get the tablet to use Android Auto Tablet through Wi_fi?
Do you mean getting the tablet to connect to the car's screen via WiFi? Why would you need to do that if it's connected via USB?

Do you mean using Android Auto to (for example) display nav on the car's screen while getting the nav data from the Internet via WiFi? If there's a WiFi hot spot you can connect to, I don't see why not. But where would there be a WiFi hotspot? Are you trying to use the OnStar hotspot?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
During the 90 day free trial period the car is a hot spot, after that 90 days, my iphone can be a hot spot.

The reason I ask is, using my Tablet on wifi, in the car or here at home, I go to download the required app Android Auto, and it comes back "Your device isn't compatible with this version". And under the logo it says, designed for phones.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
You would have to side load the app on to the tablet, the normal play store download does require the device is a phone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts