GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for information on this but didn't find anything: I would like to put one of my photos on the splash screen just like I can do on my iPhone, so it becomes the default background image to the various other icons. Is it possible to do this? (I put some photos on a USB flash drive just to confirm that I could see them on the center console's display, which I could -- but I can't imagine any reason to do this again.)
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
That image looks to be embedded somewhere in the firmware. There is probably no way (without some hacking around) to replace the image.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw this post and wanted to say that there appears to be a CRC check of the binaries during flash of the IPC, so manual modification of those files is possible, but would likely fail the flashing/programming process.

The names of the contributors to the code base are in plain text if you open the binaries to flash the IPC, and I've managed to find a couple of the people who wrote the code online. I'm not gonna dox them on this forum, but if you really wanted to know how to modify the splash screens, they might be able to help. There are also some other easter eggs in the readable sections of the binaries for features that look like were planned for the volt but never implemented.

To my knowledge, the toolchain for all this is closed source, and the TLC software doesn't appear to have any user facing configuration for this. So the short answer is no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts