GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stabilittrack light is almost always on. It initially goes on when I turn my wheels toward the right. But then it stays on. But when I turn the ignition off and then turn it back on the light goes off. My tires are pretty worn and I’m wondering if this can be because of the issue. How would I determine? I asked the dealer when I had the car in for a recall inspection but they will charge $200 just to do the inspection on the stabilitrak lights and figure out what’s going on. Understandable, they can charge what they want but just don’t have the money to pay for that right now.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I've never heard of Warren tires. Where did you buy them?

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
658 Posts
I've never heard of Warren tires. Where did you buy them?
He must be using an Apple product with its stupid autocorrect. Just my opinion while drinking my morning covfefe..........

Reactions: obermd and vilmosz

·
Registered
48 Posts
If the DSC light comes on when you're not moving it is not likely to be due to the tires. This could be caused by a bad wheel speed sensor, steering angle sensor, or something else unrelated to the tires. If the light has come on a code will be stored in the system for history events, should be diagnosed properly.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I indeed had my stabil track come on when my original set of OEM tires on m y 2014 were still on the car pretty warn down especially on the edge of the tires and especially when cornering say 45 mph in country back roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts