GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know:

Can we/dealer order the low emissions package Volt outside of CA/NY?

There is always a chance I'd need to move to CA for my job - I'd be upset if I spent money on the car but did not get the HOV lane allowed version.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
No, but you can buy from a CA dealer, get the lowest price in the country ( look at the buy/lease section ) and have it shipped to you for about 500 bucks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does the low emissions package affect MPG in charge sustaining made at all? If I needed HOV lane access it is not like it would matter much to me, but just wondering.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
What Henry said.

Does the low emissions package affect MPG in charge sustaining made at all? If I needed HOV lane access it is not like it would matter much to me, but just wondering.
No difference. The only difference is the lower emissions get you into the HOV lane AND you get a two year longer warranty on the battery.

·
8,680 Posts
My understanding is that the only hardware difference is an air injection pump to keep the cat happy during the cold start phase.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks to the both of you for the reply. Even though I live in NY I don't ever need HOV lane access on the roads that benefit from it so thankfully even though my Volt being purchased in NJ does not have it I can live without it. :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hopefully, you are purchasing it for at least $4K below MSRP.
What dealer are your purchasing from in NJ. I checked with a few and could not even come anywhere near the price I got from Rydell in California. It was worth the $805 for shipment. Very easy transaction and all completed by a few phone calls and emails along with an overnight FedEx each way. I picked my Volt up for $7,125 below MSRP in October. I even had a dealer near my house that would not even give the dealer cash back in the price and told me it did not exist and that I was crazy. I quickly made a dash for the door and refused to return his phone calls and emails.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hopefully, you are purchasing it for at least $4K below MSRP.
What dealer are your purchasing from in NJ. I checked with a few and could not even come anywhere near the price I got from Rydell in California. It was worth the $805 for shipment. Very easy transaction and all completed by a few phone calls and emails along with an overnight FedEx each way. I picked my Volt up for $7,125 below MSRP in October. I even had a dealer near my house that would not even give the dealer cash back in the price and told me it did not exist and that I was crazy. I quickly made a dash for the door and refused to return his phone calls and emails.

I purchased for $5000 below MSRP and they gave me $3000 more than any other dealership on my trade so I was very happy with the price and professionalism they have showed me thus far. I actually tried contacting a dealership in AZ that has been discounting their Volts by $8000 and $9000 below MSRP with the intent of either driving it back or shipping it but they never had the decency to return phone calls or emails so after all that I went with the NJ dealership. I called and got pricing from almost 10 other dealerships with cars I was interested in between NY and NJ and none of them gave me the discount I got in the end. And I actually got the car I wanted with the exact options and color I wanted so it worked out for the best. In the end, I am quite glad with how things turned out. Now if only the car would leave it's 3rd stop in Ohio and finally make a move to Newark! lol

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks to the both of you for the reply. Even though I live in NY I don't ever need HOV lane access on the roads that benefit from it so thankfully even though my Volt being purchased in NJ does not have it I can live without it. :)
Would you mind sharing from which NJ dealer you purchased?

Thank you.

KNS

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Does anyone know:

Can we/dealer order the low emissions package Volt outside of CA/NY?

There is always a chance I'd need to move to CA for my job - I'd be upset if I spent money on the car but did not get the HOV lane allowed version.

Thanks!
I bought my first Volt in Texas . It was a " program " car used for display at Texas motor speedway . It had 120 miles on it and the salesman who wrote the contract must have assumed it had the low emissions package on it , because two weeks later I received a $1300 check in the mail . The check was for not having the low emissions package . In your case , I am sure it can be ordered or shipped from another dealer .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts