GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can no longer access https://secure.myvolt.com/web/portal/home

I can't even get a userid or p/w reset. It's like it's been completely shut down. Am I the only Gen II owner afflicted? Or is this tied to the missing EV miles issue with OnStar.

Sad I was out and someone stopped to chat about my Volt and I couldn't show him my raw data as my MyChevrolet app isn't displaying EV miles, can't get to MyVolt and of course VoltStats isn't collecting my data any longer.

GM/OnStar is shooting themselves in the foot.

·
Registered
872 Posts
FWIW, my custom app that uses the same API as myvolt.com works, but it's excessively slow to poll the information. Not really sure what OnStar is doing but it's a bit chaotic.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I just logged in to secure.myvolt.com and it was working for me. I was able to display the last 7 days of efficiency and mileage for the first time in a long while.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just logged in to secure.myvolt.com and it was working for me. I was able to display the last 7 days of efficiency and mileage for the first time in a long while.
Guess I need to call OnStar again..... all my EV data is missing.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

I can't even get a userid or p/w reset. It's like it's been completely shut down. Am I the only Gen II owner afflicted? Or is this tied to the missing EV miles issue with OnStar.

Sad I was out and someone stopped to chat about my Volt and I couldn't show him my raw data as my MyChevrolet app isn't displaying EV miles, can't get to MyVolt and of course VoltStats isn't collecting my data any longer.

Comcast has problems with their DNS servers. That could also be a factor.

·
4,866 Posts
Guess I need to call OnStar again..... all my EV data is missing.
You're not alone. A co-worker of mine is having the same problem with their Gen 2 Volt (a 2018 I believe). My Gen 1 is unaffected. VoltStats.net has reported widespread issues as well...

VoltStats.net said:
If your data is missing: All I know is that some cars are not sending EV miles to Volt Stats, and without EV miles Volt Stats throws out the data. Reauthenticating doesn't seem to help. Some people see similar issues in Remotelink, some don't. I have an email out to Onstar but haven't received a response.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I just got the updated software, but still no EV miles reading - only see --. Maybe I need to wait longer for the full update.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Same issue with ONSTAR with no resolution after months... Their solution : Get a new cell phone (the Android galaxy 4 worked well for 3 yrs!!!).My solution cancel ONSTAR, retaining the "basic" service, that is FREE.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Same issue with ONSTAR with no resolution after months... Their solution : Get a new cell phone (the Android galaxy 4 worked well for 3 yrs!!!).My solution cancel ONSTAR, retaining the "basic" service, that is FREE.
Yup, that's possibly going to be my solution also.

·
Registered
405 Posts

I have what I guess is gen1 (2013). I was able to log in to myvolt last night, but the information is not coming through (the system tries to communicate with my car and then gives up). The situation with the app on my iphone also not being able to access the information (error code 216) is also the same. And no call to me yet from OnStar on my open ticket, though in my last call to them I may have (bad idea, I know) indicated to them I would call them if the problem persisted.

In any event, thanks for posting,.... if I know that others are also experiencing the same or similar issues, this helps me avoid calling into OnStar for help on this too often.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
It's them goldurned russkies a-hakin agin I tells ya.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I spoke further with support tonight. There was acknowledgement of the server issue. I told them:
1) call me when it is fixed
2) let the people working on the server issue that it will probably contribute to my not buying the service. (After all, how can I buy what I've never been able to see?).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts