GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be leasing a new 2017 Volt when my current lease expires next month. I know the 2017 Volt has 2 USB ports and Android Auto.

I want to plug a flash drive with my 25GB of music in one USB port and my Android phone in the other USB port, so I can use Android Auto for navigation.

Can I do that? Can I use Android Auto for navigation while simultaneously listening to music on a flash drive plugged into the other USB port?

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Android Auto and USB music

Yes. You can.

I have been using Android Auto in one USB port and a flash drive with movies in the other USB port.
Yes you can use Android Auto while listening to the music from USB flash drive. The navigation command overlaps with the music.

I will be leasing a new 2017 Volt when my current lease expires next month. I know the 2017 Volt has 2 USB ports and Android Auto.

I want to plug a flash drive with my 25GB of music in one USB port and my Android phone in the other USB port, so I can use Android Auto for navigation.

Can I do that? Can I use Android Auto for navigation while simultaneously listening to music on a flash drive plugged into the other USB port?

Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, joezzhou. That's just what I was hoping to hear!

(It didn't make sense to me that they wouldn't work together, but no dealer I've spoken with has been able to answer the question. And I've learned to never underestimate how clueless about real life very smart engineers can be.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts