GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

How do I get my console/cluster to look like this? With the kW usage showing. Mine is a 2012 model and does not show me the option for this so I wanted to know if this is only available on newer models or if it is a software upgrade of some sort.

edit: Thanks for all the info everyone I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
It will show on the center stack if you push the Leaf Button and select the energy info screen.

You can also have the energy usage display automatically on the center stack on shut down thru the configuration menu.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

How do I get my console/cluster to look like this? With the kW usage showing. Mine is a 2012 model and does not show me the option for this so I wanted to know if this is only available on newer models or if it is a software upgrade of some sort.
I believe that the KW display, on the DIC, is only available on 2013's and newer models.

·
Registered
743 Posts
That display of running KW flow is on 2013 and later. But on all Volts, cumulative KW used is on the center display by pressing the Leaf button.

·
8,680 Posts

As others have said, this particular display was introduced in 2013, and never retrofitted. However, there are several ways to get the information it contains.

I chose DashDAQ, a dedicated GPS sized display box that plugs into the OBDII port for both data and power. This is one of the more expensive solutions, but also the safest and most capable.

A number of our members have had good success with a Bluetooth OBDII reader and the Torque app running on a phone or tablet as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts