GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Volt, White With Black Interior, All options except Saftey Package.
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Volt with every option, except the Saftey Package (Foward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Alert, and Adaptive Cruise Control). Would it be possible to buy the parts from GM and install them myself?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not impossible, but likely prohibitively expensive as additional sensors, wiring, firmware involved. The Gen 1's never offered adaptive cruise. I have a 2014 with safety package 2 which includes front parking sensors, forward collision alert and lane departure warning. For me, the parking sensors are useful, the lane departure useless, and the collision alert is mostly a nuisance.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Not impossible, but likely prohibitively expensive as additional sensors, wiring, firmware involved. The Gen 1's never offered adaptive cruise. I have a 2014 with safety package 2 which includes front parking sensors, forward collision alert and lane departure warning. For me, the parking sensors are useful, the lane departure useless, and the collision alert is mostly a nuisance.
I have a 2015 with Safety Package 2 and I agree 100% with your evaluation!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a gen 1 with the safety package 1, I would definitely be interested in adding the front parking sensors! I really don't understand why they made them exclusive to the second package. All the sensors should have been in the first package and leave the lane departure warning and collision alert to the second.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts