GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the PDIM in their 2012 Volt with one from the Camaro that supports A2DP bluetooth streaming? I'm a new-to-me 2012 Volt owner and am missing real A2DP streaming. I know about the bluetooth gateway solutions, but I'm hoping to have a solution that is more integrated and doesn't pipe music in via the AUX port.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Oh man, just when I thought I had a grip on all the acronyms flung around this forum, this comes up. I have only the vaguest idea what you are asking.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was debating doing this with my gf's 2012 Cruze...

It took me forever and an eternity to get A2DP to work on the Alpine system in my truck, and it's always the first thing that annoys me when we go for trips in her car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If u want bluetooth streaming in the 2012 you need to replace the headunit with part# 22925286. This is what i did to get OEM bluetooth streaming and pandora.
For that part# on Ebay, I see a whole variety (e.g. w/o NAV, MP3 CD, etc.). My 2012 Volt has Bose & Navigation, which option should I pick to get Bluetooth streaming and MyLink? Will any of the headunits with that part# work, or do I need to look for specific options within that part#.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Looking at GMPartsDirect it appears the 2012 Volt doesn't use a PDIM. Instead it has two different base radio head units, one with and one without Bluetooth A2DP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For that part# on Ebay, I see a whole variety (e.g. w/o NAV, MP3 CD, etc.). My 2012 Volt has Bose & Navigation, which option should I pick to get Bluetooth streaming and MyLink? Will any of the headunits with that part# work, or do I need to look for specific options within that part#.
I'm in the same boat. I have Bose and navigation (as well as the local HD and ability to play DVDs). Is the 22925286 head unit the right one to use for the replacement to get A2DP streaming? Would I lose anything in the deal, like local storage or the ability to watch DVDs?

Sorry for not knowing this stuff, but it's an expensive proposition to find out that it doesn't work right. :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.