GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a Volt mainly for the HOV sticker, does anyone know if I purchase a 2017 volt I can still get an HOV lane sticker?

Also, does the volt qualify for the 2500 CA Tax credit like the Tesla?

We're looking to buy a Volt to use only as a commuter, average 40 miles round trip with an occasional 160 miles RT days once a couple months.

Naturally I feel the 2017 volt fits the bill when comparing it on paper with a Gen one which only get 38 miles per charge.

Like many here, I also have a reservation for a Model 3 but still TBD on the tax credit at time of delivery so at this time, the volt is the place holder but we may change our minds once we get to see the Model 3 in person.

Is it worth considering a CPO 2016 LT for $28k a brand new one starts @ 34k before the tax credit wouldn't that make a new one cheaper?

But then again, if CA no longer offer the HOV sticker to the Volt then I think the best bet is to get a used one with a sticker.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The HOV limit has been removed, so yes you will get that.
The CA tax credit on a volt is only $1500. It had run out, and I am not 100% sure if they have renewed funding for it yet, but search the Forum, there is a thread about it

·
Registered
72 Posts
The one thing to consider in your situation if the HOV sticker is the main selling point is when do you need it?
Considering the limit was just lifted and it took about 30 days originally to process, that may make or break a decision on CPO or New/Lease.

My application took a couple tries (due to the car already having stickers and needing replacements).

When I bought the second Volt, I ensured that the stickers were there and only a "change of owner" form needed to be submitted.

If these are not a consideration, go for new/lease and enjoy the better mileage!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts