GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - new Volt owner here and loving it! Looking into solar for the house to lower energy costs - waiting for quotes to see if it is financially prudent.

Is there a list in the forum with all the available rebates for Volt purchases?

I know of the federal tax credit ($7500), San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution District Rebate, and the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project.

Any others that I am missing? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Since we have PG&E in Fresno, you can set up your house with a separate meter for a 240 volt charger for the car, and get a rate of about 4.5 cents/kwh off peak, which drops your overnight full charge to about 60 cents a night.

It is called an E9B plan. Also, since it is on a separate meter, you can monitor car charging costs by the separate readout, and you don't risk running your electric bill into a higher tier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jerry - do you have to get the separate meter or does this rate plan work on the established house meter? I heard the separate meter install is expensive???

·
Registered
2013 Volt
1,608 Posts
Since we have PG&E in Fresno, you can set up your house with a separate meter for a 240 volt charger for the car, and get a rate of about 4.5 cents/kwh off peak, which drops your overnight full charge to about 60 cents a night.
Who pays for the actual 2nd meter and installation thereof? I ask, because, if it is the responsibility of the account holder, there is a free submeter alternative available for a few more weeks: http://emotorwerks.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=10 . Does the main meter stay on non-TOU with the E9B tariff?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts