GM Volt Forum banner

California rebate for volt - do I wait till I get my DMV registration?

3830 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  MIKECELI
Just bought a new Volt yesterday. Can I submit CA rebate now or do I have to wait till I receive my DMV registration?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
You can make an online submission with just your VIN number. This gets you in the queue for the rebate and should be done asap. You will still have to make a mail-in submission of the required documents when your registration arrives.

· Registered
949 Posts
You can submit the online application now. However, your DMV registration must be submitted within 14 calendar days, otherwise you may have to resubmit your application. So if I were you, I would wait awhile before submitting the online application. Good luck!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As per rebate rules, I will have to submit paperwork within 15 days of applying. I am not sure how long the DMV will take for processing registration.

It did mention that I can submit "temporary" registration. Could the sticker that dealer fixes on the windshield be considered a temporary registration?

· Registered
353 Posts
The dealer should have done it for you like Keys does.
And RYDELL did for me.

Except now CA. prohibits applying for the HOV stickers, until the License Plate is issued.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.