GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I got the center screen stuck on "Calculating Route" even though the nav system clearly had finished as it was giving me guidance through voice and the driver display. Being a modal message, it completely blocks the nav/center screen (or anything else on the center screen).

I found one thread here from two years ago... but would have thought this 'fixed' by now. Does anyone know if there is a button, combo of keys, or something that will unstick the display? Bugs are bugs, I am a software architect and know there are probably 100s of bugs. Or more. But a work-around if any is appreciated. :)

Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Maybe disconnect the 12V battery for a minute or so for a total reset.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This may not answer your question, but is similar. I have a 2014 Volt. I do not have the Navigation plan. I use OnStar Directions.

When OnStar sends me directions, the center display gets stuck on "calculating route" and blocks everything else (and won't go away) unless I have the radio turned on first. "Calculating route" never goes away and I can't see the little road with the number of miles left.

If I forget to have the radio turned on (I turn the volume all the way down if I'm not listening to it) before prior to calling OnStar, I have to cancel the route, call OnStar again and ask them to re-send the directions.

Not sure if this is helpful to you since I don't have Navigation, but it may help someone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe disconnect the 12V battery for a minute or so for a total reset.
Is there a video explain that? But thats extreme when on the road. :confused: :p

·
Registered
2013 Volt
1,607 Posts
OP, are you looking for a workaround that allows you to do something on the fly -- without even pulling over and stopping? Is the ON/OFF switch for the radio non-functional when this happens? Has this only happened once, or is this a common occurrence?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My advisor said "Weird... take it to the dealer". :p Really?
So what everyone said worked. Power down... wait a few (I don't know how long because it was 'overnight' charging). And this morning it's fine. Don't know how I got into it in the first place. But seriously? Thats my advisor? :(

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts