Ok, we are making progress...I didn't realize you wanted to read this again, but since you asked nicely, here's the short list...
There's something to be said for a bottom feeder who waits for a premium product to fail so he can grab it at rock bottom prices and then drives around thinking he's not driving a failed model. If you had actually done your research, you'd be first in line for a 2016 ELR, not last in line for a car released in late 2013 with only one production run. But then you probably can't afford the 2016 ELR at its MSRP, even with the $9,000 price reduction.
- reverse camera has poor, blurry resolution at night that makes it nearly useless
- when the Illumination Control Thumbwheel is dialed all the way down at night, the reverse camera doesn't automatically switch to full brightness when the car is put in reverse, resulting in an even darker, worse image than it already has
- no setting to disable the incessant triple-honk alert for 'vehicle left on', similar to the available setting to disable the 'keyfob left in vehicle' alert
- C.U.E. screens too bright at night, even at lowest illumination setting
- Switching to Night Mode manually doesn't do anything (it's supposed enable dimming the screens during the daytime as if it were evening)
- after manually turning off the main display, touching any climate control (aside from heated seats) turns the display back on
- after manually turning off the main display, if you have a destination set, every turn or "prepare to turn" instruction turns the display back on, even though the information is already presented in the DIC
- poor integration and control of iPod/iPhone devices
- improper sorting of media tracks (because the HMI indexes the device instead of letting the device control the sorting)
- inability to display what's playing over Bluetooth in the DIC (even though it can display on the main center stack display, and displays tracks/album info in the DIC for devices connected by USB cable, or playing over the Radio/XM)
- C.U.E. can't pick up where it left off on an album if such album was selected from the steering wheel controls instead of the center stack display. (C.U.E. instead finishes the song it was last playing and then moves on to the next song alphabetically on the device!)
- can't access the Favorites bar on the Climate screen
- A/C always defaults to 'Max' instead of to 'Eco'. No way to switch between 'Min', 'Eco', and 'Max' without first going to the Climate screen.
- On the Map screen, the 'Destination' icon sets the trip, but the 'Menu' icon cancels it - very unintuitive!
- No SMS Texting feature that is described in the ELR's owner's manual
- Passenger door trim blocks a portion of the passenger-side mirror at all driver seat positions
- C.U.E. will never receive the C.U.E. Collection apps as promised
- C.U.E. will never stay current with ongoing updates as promised
Now, which one of these things changed AFTER you chose to buy the car?
For example, was the camera clear when you bought the car but then went blurry? When you first bought the car you said that the camera was definitely better than the volt's back up camera ,what happened to that opinion? Did the CUE screens get BRIGHTER after a few days of use? So on and so forth... are you getting the picture yet?
I'm asking nicely, did you test drive the car and make sure it was what you wanted before you bought it?
They aren't faults in the car, they are things you don't like about it. That's NOT GM's problem because you chose to buy it. You are correct in saying that their buying you out (if that's even true) was a GIFT. I'm pretty certain paying all that money was worth it to GM just to make you go away with all your complaining. What do I have to do here to make the same thing happen???
You can call me (and others) a bottom feeder for waiting until the car was appropriately priced before buying (or leasing) it, but who is the not so intelligent one here that was paying over $800.00 a month for a car that was worth no more than 50k?
You are right that I probably can't afford the new 16 ELR at the release price even with 9k off, but the fact of the matter is I wouldn't, it's just not worth that much to me. If my inability afford, or choice not to buy makes you feel superior in some way, I'm ok with that.
You were sore that you paid too much and that others got a better deal, it's ok to admit that.
I guess what we CAN agree on is that for the money YOU paid, you should have gotten a car that was exactly what YOU wanted. Who's choice was it to buy the ELR you had, just the way it was on delivery day? I (and others here) feel like for the money WE paid, the car is FANTASTIC! Well worth the price. Driving one for a weekend first, gave me the ability to MAKE SURE it was what I wanted. I'm sorry for you) that you didn't do that.
I don't have a hair across my arse with you, I'm just tired of your posting that the car has what you call "faults" when it's working exactly as designed. I think the majority of other ELR owners on here would agree that these aren't problems at all.