GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
20,349 Posts
General Motors Co. is expanding the use of its high-tech Super Cruise system — which allows drivers to ride hands-free on the highway in a Cadillac CT6 — to the brand's entire lineup starting in 2020 and later to other GM brands.
Super Cruise is "a feature that customers routinely come into dealerships asking about, shopping for, and specifically ordering," Mark Reuss, GM's product development chief, said in a prepared speech Wednesday to the Intelligent Transportation Society of America conference in Detroit. "Making it available in every Cadillac on the showroom floor just makes sense."
Imagine if "customers routinely come into dealerships asking about, shopping for, and specifically ordering" EV's was as big. GM might think making EV's available across all lines just makes sense.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I would think adding it to the Bolt would make sense as part of their move toward autonomous vehicles. The Volt would also make sense (in my mind anyway) due to its drive-by-wire. But, even if it's available on a Volt/Bolt, I can't say I'm ready to buy another GM vehicle anytime soon. I'm very disappointed in any lane keeping/auto stop features we though we were getting in our '17 Buick Encore and '18 Volt. Both have every option except my Volt doesn't have adaptive cruise.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
As a "stand alone" option on other GM vehicles I wonder who much it will cost? A multi thousand dollar option on a $30K vehicle probably won't sell.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
As a "stand alone" option on other GM vehicles I wonder who much it will cost? A multi thousand dollar option on a $30K vehicle probably won't sell.
There's a reason this shows up at the high-end first. The same was true with ACC. In 2007 you had to buy a 70K car to get it. People with the means to afford these types of features are looking at higher end vehicles. They are not searching for a Chevy. I also think this is why the Volt and Bolt don't sell as well. Eventually when GM sells enough of these features, the price of the parts will come down and they can more easily integrate them into cheaper models. And once the trend setters (i.e. richer people) have had these options for a while, the people lower down on the economic scale will want the same thing -- as the people at the upper end of the scale then move on to newer things. This happens with all manner of consumer goods.

·
Registered
417 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts