GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ELR friends. I have an unusual situation. I exported my 2016 Cadillac ELR from the USA to Germany and I am having German car inspection issues. I had to change my turn signals to orange and so i added orange turn signal lights to each side and wired them by intercepting the turn signal wires going into the original tail lights. The turn signal lights i added did work BUT now when i press the brake - the turn signals come on ?? I guess Cadillac decided to use the same red led light in the tail light as a turn signal and brake light.

How can I find the wires for the brakes and turn signals before they come together and seperate them so i can make the brake lights and turn signals lights work independently ? Any help or information is very appreciated ! Thank you.

Regards,

Brendan Flynt / Magpie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

maybe my intervention is too late but are you sure you have to change the rear lights? I live in Switzerland, I've imported an ELR early this year, and I had no issue with the US rear lights. Every US car that is imported in Switzerland keep it's US rear lights, like my '02 Corvette Z06.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts