GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
It's clear to me the ELR does not have the Voltec 2.0 as its drivetrain. More like Voltec 1.8 considering the tweak GM made to the 2013 Voltec.

Cadillac hopes to sell 5,000 to 10,000 per year. WOW that's ambitious and I wish then success. I'm very much interested but any pricing approaching $60K will be hard to justify to wifey 1.0

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The article makes some good points but is also missing on some key facts.

GM stated that the goal of the ELR is to sell 10% the volume of the Volt. I could see the Volt possibly sell 50K units this year and on the high end 5K units for the ELR but not the low end.

Also the battery is not the hold up for Volt 2.0. The vehicle platform is (a D2UX platform). Volt 2.0 on paper is likely 90% done already. Sometime this year GM will likely have Voltec 2.0 powertrain mules running around on older vehicle body's with full camo cars running calibration within a year of the mules.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts

·
1,101 Posts
$50K for the ELR? People are dreaming. I think it will be more like $65K - $70K.

And how exactly is GM going to put in better everything into the Gen-2 Volt and still lower the price?

Finally, taking out the "best in the business" cooling system for the battery pack would be a huge mistake. Then GM would look just like a Leaf, when the battery pack starts to degrade.....

JMHO

C-5277

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.