GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I second Dubaruba's request for a pic of the rear end to see how it is hidden. Need a hitch installed to haul around my bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed the Volt Curt hitch on my 2016 ELR-V yesterday. Went on pretty easily. Pushes up the rear lower valence slightly and sits back underneath so it is not visible unless you bend down or get back a long distance. Will probably need to get an extension piece in order to mount the bike rack; I'm going to get the Thule T1 rack. Will post pictures when that all gets set up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the hitch, with 7" Curt extender, with rack, and with bike on rack. T1 rack works well; easy to take on and off; holds the bike securely. Need to use the hitch extender (found one at local RV trailer supply store; also available on-line). With this setup I don't recommend anything other than a single bike rack. Also, I used a whole tube of JBWeld adhesive between the extender and hitch (along with a bolt and locknut), to take out the play between those parts and greatly reduce the movement of the bike/rack while underway.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle Bicycle accessory Car

21 - 24 of 24 Posts