GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a warning to anyone in California who is considering the Cadillac CT6 PHEV and always wants their plug-in hybrid to have the green stickers for the HOV carpool lanes - the CT6 PHEV does NOT meet TZEV standards due to its too-high tailpipe emissions, so CARB (California Air Resources Board) will not give owners of this vehicle the green stickers for HOV access, nor will it give a $1,500 tax rebate to those buyers.

Also note that GM Financial is only offering a $4,500 lease incentive, effectively keeping $3,000 of the $7,500 Federal tax credit for this car (for which it does qualify if you buy it).

So even thought the Cadillac ELR could get green stickers with its 39 EV miles, the CT6 fails to qualify despite its 31 EV miles. There's lots to love about the CT6, but this ain't one of them! Can't imagine what Cadillac was thinking.

P.S. Why isn't there a Cadillac CT6 PHEV subforum? Is the car so unpopular that it doesn't get one? :(

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea.

I suspect this is because the CT6 is assembled in China and the extra work necessary to qualify the very few that are sold for the green stickers wasn't worth the cost. FYI the same thing happened with the Volt. The 2011 MY didn't qualify.

Giving $4000 of the $7500 seems more than fair. It's proportional to the depreciation. Vehicles depreciate 50% over three years, so getting anything more than 50% of the tax credit is gravy.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I certainly would never consider it... No green stickers is just another nail in the coffin...
Why isn't there a Cadillac CT6 PHEV subforum? Is the car so unpopular that it doesn't get one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts