GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my application went out earlier this week, and honestly, I'm going to Fing hate putting stickers on my Volt :) , but I need to get to/ from work quicker.

Are there any tips you would recommend before I put the stickers on to help with removing them when they expire in 2015? I did see a video for how to remove them, but I'm wondering if there is an easier way if I think ahead of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoxFgLPsvm8

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would put on a good coat of wax in the area first.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hate the looks of them too. I put mine as low as possible on the bumpers but still looks like a sore thumb. Its a lease so going to turn it in with the stickers on it.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
If you do a search I think some have put the on the black areas. No tips on putting them on, but be careful if you use a pressure washer! LOL

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do a search I think some have put the on the black areas. No tips on putting them on, but be careful if you use a pressure washer! LOL
So, putting them on the black areas will make it easier to take off? Looking at the video above, I'm not sure how those areas would stand up to the heat of a blowdryer or the strength of goo gone.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I wasn't suggesting that putting the stickers on the black areas would make them easier to take off. I was saying that other members have put them on the black areas because they're less obtrusive there. The pressure washer comment was because I almost took mine off by accident (they're on a painted area).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah. Got it! I'm just looking for an easy (and non-damaging way) to take them off when the time comes in a few years. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts