GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From day one my CT-500 made a slight hum when under load. About six weeks ago it began to intermittently hum/buzz more loudly during charging. The buzz sounds very much like a loose transformer lamination.

I contacted SPX who, in turn, contacted Coulomb. Coulomb policy is to replace buzzing EVSEs. Coulomb shipped the replacement unit to me. SPX arranged for the electrician who did the original install to call for an appointment.

The replacement was installed earlier this week and thus far it has been essentially noiseless. The original unit is waiting for FedEx to collect it.

The usage data I am able to access on Coulomb's ChargePoint Network was unaffected.

KNS

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder if Coulomb's policy extends to commercial CT2xxx EVSEs. One of the five installed at the White Marsh, MD commuter lot has a buzzing transformer as well.
I don't know. The owner of that unit could contact Coulomb Technology. Contact information for station owners is on this page http://www.chargepoint.com/support/.

If the buzzing is caused by a loose transformer lamination then it could be accompanied by generation of heat and loss of efficiency.

KNS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts