GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a 2016 Chevy Volt Premier for $18,000 tax tag and title. It has 74,000 miles and is very clean. Clean title and has had a few components replaced under warranty. I have connections to get any labor done to the car for only $40/hour however this will be my daily driver and I need it to be reliable. Is this a worth while purchase with these kinds of miles? What is the worst case scenario on these types of cars? Any help would be appreciated before I sign the papers

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Seems pricey for the miles. My dealer sent me a come-in-and-trade letter, that said my 16 Premier, the average trade-in value is $20,845, but they would give me more. I only have 25k miles on mine, and have never had any mechanical issues. Only service has been a couple free oil changes. So, I think you could do a lot better.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Too much for USD. Probably okay for CAD. That's nearly 25k miles per year, so that's PROBABLY no small number of miles on the gas engine, and while it's a generally reliable lump, it's not nothing to it. (Sure, someone COULD have been charging at both ends of a 50 mile commute, but that's not the way to bet...)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Too much for USD. Probably okay for CAD. That's nearly 25k miles per year, so that's PROBABLY no small number of miles on the gas engine, and while it's a generally reliable lump, it's not nothing to it. (Sure, someone COULD have been charging at both ends of a 50 mile commute, but that's not the way to bet...)
I agree. Unless you can somehow find out that this person charged enough to run largely on electric I would stay away from this. It’s hard to see as stated above that it could be heavily based on electric miles, and even if it was, it’s not enough of a discount given the number of overall miles on the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looking to get a 2016 Chevy Volt Premier for $18,000 tax tag and title. It has 74,000 miles and is very clean. Clean title and has had a few components replaced under warranty. I have connections to get any labor done to the car for only $40/hour however this will be my daily driver and I need it to be reliable. Is this a worth while purchase with these kinds of miles? What is the worst case scenario on these types of cars? Any help would be appreciated before I sign the papers
The ratio of Miles from battery and miles with generator should be easy to see on HUD. As far as I know it's not something that can be tampered with just like the odometer. Why don't you ask the dealer to send you a screenshot.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Before pulling the trigger on this see what your best deal would be on a leftover 18 if you can take advantage of the $7500 federal tax credit (that as of now goes at least half away at the end of the first quarter of next year). If you can use that and wait a few months to get the money back with your tax refund you will (net cost) do nearly as well or better on a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts