GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I sold my 2013 Volt. It was the best car we have owned. It had 102K miles 77K EV miles.
We were 75% EV. We totally covered the 77K EV miles with solar power.

A nine guy form charlotte NC bought it. He came in a Volt to get it this will be his second volt. This was a very pleasant sale I sure hope he has as good luck with the car as we did.

My 2018 LT Satin Steel Metallic black on black cloth interior with two options.
Heated seats/steering wheel and Bose. I get on Saturday.

I am hopping we will increase our percent EV. We have enough solar to cover all of our house needs and cover 20K EV miles a year.

Our normal trip in the morning is 39 miles. I hope in the winter we can make this on just EV miles.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I’m getting 44-48 miles in the cold weather and the heat on max. 58-68 in the fall. Congrats on the new Volt!
With the electric heat set to Max, what is the cabin temperature setting? The electric heater pulls a maximum of 8kW from the Volt's battery. That will significantly reduce your EV driving range if the electric heat runs for any significant time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
20171118_195353.jpg

20171118_195146.jpg

20171118_162452.jpg

I picked up my new 2018 Volt yesterday. From Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet Charlotte NC.
My sales person was Patricia Tate she was great to deal with.

I was going to get it one hour away but they could not get any dealers to complete the transfer.
So I canceled my deal with them. I found the exact car I wanted in Charlotte NC about two hours away.
We came to a price agreement over the phone he email me those numbers and I put a deposit down on it.

I drove it over 168 miles yesterday.

So far I really like the paddle on the steering wheel.

The Gen2 volt is definitely quieter.

We got the Bose audio system it is better that the standard system and I like it.

The LED headlights are outstanding. My Gen1 Volt I replaced the head light bulbs the first week I had the car. They were sub-par.

Mylink radio android auto with Waze was really good and much better than any navigation car system I have ever used without adding cost.

Interior light are led tail light led accent lights led all welcome.

I had a full charge at the dealer. Then I charged a partial charge before I had to go pick up my son. I had 93 EV miles yesterday. Very sweet….

Climate controls are close at hand Nice.

My only options are heated seats and Bose

My OnStar app is not showing life time EV miles :(

Just my first impressions.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Satin steel looks good. How did you get the black bowties? I think they make a big difference.

I swear all the dealers in my area are incompetent--I've asked repeatedly if they can install one and they say "it's not available for the Volt."

As a former '13 owner, I would be interested in hearing your impressions also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Window sticker had the black Bow ties $215 option crazy.

You can get them here $115
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/p...ie-emblems-in-black-84047181?categoryId=12001
I do really like the black bow ties on the Satin steel car.

When we bought my 13 we compromised on the color and the Bose system.
This time we were able to find exactly the one we wanted with the options we wanted. We had to drive two hours one way for it but well worth it for what we wanted.

I will add more impressions as I have a little more time with it.

I need the tax credit this year so it was time to get one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Window sticker had the black Bow ties $215 option crazy.

You can get them here $115
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/p...ie-emblems-in-black-84047181?categoryId=12001
I do really like the black bow ties on the Satin steel car.

When we bought my 13 we compromised on the color and the Bose system.
This time we were able to find exactly the one we wanted with the options we wanted. We had to drive two hours one way for it but well worth it for what we wanted.

I will add more impressions as I have a little more time with it.

I need the tax credit this year so it was time to get one.
Thanks -- will give the part number to the dealership next time. Watch them say $250 or something silly. I know enough people have even plasti-dipped them on here, so that's another option.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I am, going to get GM Charge Port light (23413649) for my new Volt and do a self-install as others here have documented.
GM card has a special offer. You have to pay MSRP for the part that will make $95 not to bad.

login to GM card redemption look at offers.

EXCLUSIVE $100 CARDMEMBER OFFER
Use your card and spend at least $100 on service, parts, accessories or protection products at your GM Dealership and get $100 off your purchase through 12/31/17.* But don’t delay – this offer is only available October 1 through December 31, 2017.

I just checked my build date 10/17. My car did not sit on the lot very long.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts