GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did he do the regular maintenance on a timely basis? If, upon purchase, you have to put another $500 into coolant swap, $50 for an oil change, and $500 for new tires, the price may not be low enough. When you say it's "loaded", does that mean NAV? Ahy explanation as to why this 6 yr-old car is looking for its 3rd owner?

As for a replacement battery or section, you'd have to fight for that, and I'm doubting you'd be successful right now unless there are codes indicating a problem.
Who charges $500 for a coolant swap? Who has ever gotten a coolant swap/flush done!? Is it a thing on these Volts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, it’s a done deal! Picked up a 2014 Premium black on black leather fully loaded with NAV, back up camera, lane assist, front crash warning, heated seats, etc. 68000 miles.

The 2 hour drive home went well with an average MPG of 39.

Drove it straight to my local Chevy dealer to get the battery module recall done, and at the same time, I’m getting the coolant systems flushed and changed and a Mobile One oil change to treat this baby to a fresh start!

Thank you to all of you for your advice.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Newbie2020. 39 mpg is in line with the rated 40. I find mine is pretty consistent with the highway mpg and usually see 44-47 in the energy screen after a long drive (200 miles+) after a full battery and gas. +1 on the Mobile 1 oil. With 2 year oil changes, I do the same. Although I just recently did an oil change and used a Mobile 1 oil filter and noticed on the packaging it protects for 20K miles and also stated one year of protection. I might start a new thread asking if others have considered replacing the filter midway though the 2 years. I had never considered a filter as being a time related replacement item.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Personally, I would wait until owning the car for several months before doing any software updates. That way you will know that if anything acts up after dealer updates sw, that it is definitely new, and not some recurring intermittent problem. That time would also be well used to really research the update. I understand that this sw update doesn't do anything to delay HV battery issues, it is only supposed to give an earlier (how much earlier?) warning before an issue occurs. Some report that the update itself created issues, and big ones, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You might have the larger 2015 battery check then vin or if going to dealer they can give you total kw while connected no one seems sure but April may manufactured date or later seems to have it. I think 166xxx vin or lower is also a indicator.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts