GM Volt Forum banner

Broken Rear Hatch Glass Panel

2520 3
Hello, new to the site. I've been searching around and haven't found anyone as lucky and skilled as myself who managed to break the small glass panel that is in between the tail lights on a Volt. I fortunately only seem to have damaged the small glass panel and the rest of the hatch looks good.

I work for GM so I'll ask around at work and report back findings here if I learn anything. I'm only hoping the dealer won't want to replace the whole hatch, which I'm sure is astronomically expensive and I'll just have to pay my deductible at that point. Of course, that is worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance for any insight. Again, I'll report back any lessons learned here.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
23,396 Posts
As far as I know, you are the first reporting that issue here. Any "what not to do" you care to share?

It looks like removing the interior trim provides access to that window for replacement.

Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive window part
Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive window part
Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper part Automotive window part Automotive lighting
Chair Furniture Line art Drawing Sketch

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, you are the first reporting that issue here. Any "what not to do" you care to share?

It looks like removing the interior trim provides access to that window for replacement.

View attachment 28481 View attachment 28473 View attachment 28457 View attachment 28465
Thanks for the reply and the helpful pictures. That's good info that at least gives me some more hope for replacing glass only. Looks like this is a helpful forum already.

I have no what-not-to-dos yet other than keep tree branches away from glass. :eek: I'll update as I get her taken care of though.

· Administrator
23,396 Posts
Any pics to share?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.