GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Volt a total of 2 weeks and 3 days. I usually just keep my key fob in my pants pocket because, well, you all know why.

So I decided to just press the silver button to just flip out the key and noticed that it felt a little wonky. I can now just push the key back into locking position (which is a bit loose as well) without holding the silver button.

Its so minor that I don't really want to go and get it fixed/exchanged by the dealer, although, it gives me an excuse to drive 20 miles in my car.

Should be covered under warranty, right? What would you guys do?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Get it fixed. You may need that key someday when the fob battery is to weak.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So, the two halves of the Fob are separating?
No, the whole key fob itself is intact. But when I press the button to flip the metal key out, I can just push the key back into its locked position. I think the button is spring loaded, and the spring might be jammed/broken. You'll see that the key gets kinda stuck when pushing back into position.

I guess I could just take this in to any Chevy dealer...right?

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take both key fobs with you. Both are needed so that the dealer can sync/register the new fob to the car.

KNS
Ahh, great idea kns. Would not have thought to do that.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Does any one know the battery number of the fob battery? I'm coming to my one year with the volt and want to change the batteries in the fob's. the replacement procedure an easy one?

Thanks in advance for any info

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Does any one know the battery number of the fob battery? I'm coming to my one year with the volt and want to change the batteries in the fob's. the replacement procedure an easy one?

Thanks in advance for any info
The battery is a standard CR 2032 (3V).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts