GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=567196&topart=newcarresearch

Time will tell if this new EV from the UK will pan-out.

I like the Brits (my DNA comes from there) BUT, they have a dismal track-record (in the past) for making lousy cars... The Jag was a nightmare to keep in tune. Their MG sportscars had SERIOUS electrical problems and many of their other designs overheated... But they did give us the original Mini... since improved by German engineers.

A 700 horsepower electric car sounds too exotic for my needs, and in looking at both the Volt and the British entry, they look a little too impractical for me, as I consider how I would get into and out of those low-slung cars... I like my 2004 LT Silverado, allows arthritic guys like me in the 55 and over group an easy way to get out of a vehicle without having to crawl out on my hands and knees.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
...they did give us the original Mini... since improved by German engineers.
I'd have to dispute this. The modern Mini is pretty much a regular car in retro clothing. Not much different driving experience than the Civic. The original Cooper, well, you have to drive it. It is nothing but good fun and nobody comes away without grin on their face. Sporty, great handling go-cart in the street, how cool is that?:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts