GM Volt Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm looking at the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus to replace my OEM Goodyears. On the Discount Tire website, they list two different manufacturer's vendor product numbers for this tire in the 215/55/17 94V size. One is 000219 with a weight of 23 lbs, treadwear 640 and max PSI of 44. The other is 006189, with a weight of 21 lbs, treadwear 600 and max PSI of 36.

I assume the one I want is 000219, even though it is heavier by 2 lbs, since the Volt recommended pressure of 38 would be above the max PSI of 006189. I usually set my pressure to 39 lbs now with the OEM Goodyears.

Has anyone else noticed this difference in the 2 vendor product numbers?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm looking at the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 On the Discount Tire website, they list two different manufacturer's vendor product numbers for this tire in the 215/55/17 94V size. One is 000219 with a weight of 23 lbs, treadwear 640 and max PSI of 44. The other is 006189, with a weight of 21 lbs, treadwear 600 and max PSI of 36.

Has anyone else noticed this difference in the 2 vendor product numbers?
One is a p-metric tire and the other is not.
Each is for a specific brand of car.

for tread wear I would strongly recommend the 44psi tire.

If the “other” tire were cheap you can run them if you can find a place to mount them, their weight rating vrs PSI is different so you should have no issues there
but many cheap tire mounting places won’t mount p-metric on a non-pmetric car.

I was pretty stupid, 215/55r17 ecopias were$88 for years now they are back to $150, not sure why tires are only on sale when I don’t need them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discount Tire had me on the road in 3 days - tires are shipped from direct from Tennessee factory warehouse.
These tires are amazing, buttery smooth ride, and improved AER.
While at DT, I opted to purchase an extended tire warranty - free lifetime replacement of all 4 tires. Normally $80, on sale for $60.
I have had good experiences with DT, but I have always bought the extended warranty. They have replaced 3 tires for free so far. They even replaced a set of aftermarket wheels that I bought 4 years ago due to a high speed shimmy. They told me to pick any set and they would remount my tires! Unfortunately, I was never able to get the shimmy out of my 2006 CR-V. It probably has something to do with the bolt pattern. When it came time to replace the Badyears at 55k miles on my Volt, I did my due dilligence research and settled on Pirelli Cinturato P7+ tires. Initially, I lost 3 MPC, but after about 5k miles the efficielcy came back to Badyear levels. The ride is cushier and quieter, and the tires stick like gummy bears. No issues with hydroplaning. They have a 70k miles warranty, and I got them on sale for about a buck and a quarter apiece at DT. That was 3 years ago, so you may not find the exact tire now.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Got the ep422+ 000219 tires installed at Discount Tire, so far I am not seeing any reduced range with the new tires vs the original Goodyears. When I make a trip into town and back I still have 10 miles of range left in the battery.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts