GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian Chow is the videographer for Driving Television, a Canadian automobile review show.

His review of the Volt was highly positive, and had real world scenarios and feedback.

What's it like living with the 2016 Chevrolet Volt ? - Extended Test Drive

I spend a week with the all-new 2016 Chevy Volt and put it through everyday life tests. With a great new look, extended range and lower price, this car should be on your list if you've ever considered an EV or Hybrid.

This could be the perfect solution for the immediate future.Drive it like an EV but not have to worry if you have an unexpected trip or you forgot to plug it in. Maybe this will give the Tesla Model III a good run.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I like that he mentions those short trips.

Hybrid drivers don't realize how bad their mileage is on those short trips around town where you shut off the car come back
and restart then go home. We all do this constantly...Especially us suburbanites. Drop down to the supermarket, then to
Home Depot, the post office, drop off kids, pick them up...etc. etc. etc.. This is where hybrids , even Prius - do horribly
on gas mileage. On these trips Volt is pure electric all the time.

Tell your friends. Be surprised at how many hybrid owners don't notice this until you tell them. When they track their
individual trips, they're astonished.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hybrid drivers don't realize how bad their mileage is on those short trips around town where you shut off the car come back and restart then go home.
I sure do. With the fuel economy displayed on the dash of my Prius C it's hard to miss. And it's not just hybrids, its any car that uses a gas engine. Although to be fair it's really just the initial startup - if you stop for 20-30 minutes the engine doesn't cool down enough to make it much of an issue.

Heck I went so far as to get a block heater to minimize the amount of warm-up time. But even with that I'll be a lot happier when I buy my Bolt EV...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Interesting and positive review. Some of the video at about 4:00 minutes and near the end shows the free charging station on the Marina at Crissy Field in San Francisco. The L2s are partially powered by the wind.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts