GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everybody,
I just bought a brand new Volt Premier 2019 today, which I had ordered in Mid-August. I will be taking possession of it tomorrow. Quite exciting. It is white with the new jet black/porcelain blue interior colour arrangement. As a matter of fact, the porcelain blue is rather like a very pale blueish grey, and that suits me fine. The car also has ACC. Can’t wait to go for a ride!
Winter will be on us soon over here in Quebec. I’m thinking of installing 16 inch tires on new wheels for the cold season. I have heard that it performs better than the 17 inch in the snow. Plus they cost less. Has anybody tried it? Any comments?
Thanks in advance!

Norm2019
2019 Volt Premier

·
Registered
907 Posts
Great to hear. Tell us about the power seat tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'm definitely interested in pics of that interior! Excited to hear what you think.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Which dealer did you order it from? I placed my order mid-July....expecting it any day now. This is from Grenier Chevrolet in Mascouche.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Hi everybody,
I just bought a brand new Volt Premier 2019 today, which I had ordered in Mid-August. I will be taking possession of it tomorrow. Quite exciting. It is white with the new jet black/porcelain blue interior colour arrangement. As a matter of fact, the porcelain blue is rather like a very pale blueish grey, and that suits me fine. The car also has ACC. Can’t wait to go for a ride!
Winter will be on us soon over here in Quebec. I’m thinking of installing 16 inch tires on new wheels for the cold season. I have heard that it performs better than the 17 inch in the snow. Plus they cost less. Has anybody tried it? Any comments?
Thanks in advance!

Norm2019
2019 Volt Premier
Nice.

I can't find the 2019 owners manual online.

I'm curious because to me the ERDTT change is a big deal.
Did they add another temperature option for engine-assisted heating to drop it to -25*C?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which dealer did you order it from? I placed my order mid-July....expecting it any day now. This is from Grenier Chevrolet in Mascouche.
Sorry, I made a mistake in my previous post. The car I picked up yesterday was ordered on July 28th from Surgenor Gatineau.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm definitely interested in pics of that interior! Excited to hear what you think.
Hello all,

I finally got time (and figured out how) to post some pictures of my latest acquisition. White Volt Premier 2019 with almost all the bells and whistles. As you can see, the Jet black/Porcelain blue interior colour combination has no blue at all. It is a very pale grey with some very pale blueish undertones. Personally I like. I think it brightens the car interior and will probably reduce the need for air conditioning in the summer. I'm not sure what will happen with the greenhouse effect in the winter...
This car drives very well and charging is a breeze with the new 7.2KW module.
Talk to you later!

Norm 2019

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice.

I can't find the 2019 owners manual online.

I'm curious because to me the ERDTT change is a big deal.
Did they add another temperature option for engine-assisted heating to drop it to -25*C?
Hi there,
Here is what I found in the 2019 Owner's Manual, in the Vehicle Personalization section. I think it answers your question.
Norm2019

Oups! Here is my second try at uploading picture. Upside up, I hope.

Nope! Looks like you're gonna have to twist your neck! Sorry!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Hi there,
Here is what I found in the 2019 Owner's Manual, in the Vehicle Personalization section. I think it answers your question.
Norm2019
For those in the northern hemisphere, regarding Engine Assist Heating, the 2019 Owner's Manual States "This feature selects the outside temperature level at which the engine may run to assist cabin heating in Electric Mode. A change in selection will not take effect until after the vehicle is first powered down.

Touch ON for temperatures below approximately 0C (32F) or touch Deferred for temperatures below approximately -25C (-13F).

In Deferred mode, when Max Defrost is selected, the engine may run at temperatures below approximately -10C (15F) until the vehicle is powered down. See Automatic Climate Control System pp 151."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great to hear. Tell us about the power seat tomorrow!
Hi there,
Just thoroughly tried the power seat. Great range of adjustments. I'm 6ft tall and weigh 170lbs. I find the seat to be very comfortable with the proper firmness. I have to take my wallet out of my back pocket however, otherwise I feel the bulge. The seat may be somewhat narrow for some people. At maximum height there is still more than one inch over my head. At minimum height it is definitely too low for my taste. Maximum front position presses my knees against the dash. Maximum back position barely allows me to touch the pedals ( and probably breaks the femurs of the back seat passengers...). It reclines at least as much as any car I have owned and could be comfortable for a short nap. The lumbar support is great, with a large amount of variation.
Hope this the kind of info you were looking for. Good day!

Norm2019

·
Registered
675 Posts
It looks like the Tesla Model3 white interior.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I found this recent C&D Review of the 2019 Volt. The article states that the 2019 Volt has a high definition back-up camera but makes no mention of the 2019 Volt having an electric rear-view mirror similar to the one that is available on the 2018 Bolt. Can you confirm?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The hi-def back-up camera provides a very clear picture in my opinion, but this a first for me. I haven’t had the opportunity to try it at night yet. The inside rear view mirror is just that, a mirror, with a sensor to detect the beams of following cars and adjust. It does not provide a camera picture, if that’s what you mean. Neither do the outside rear view mirrors.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
The hi-def back-up camera provides a very clear picture in my opinion, but this a first for me. I haven’t had the opportunity to try it at night yet. The inside rear view mirror is just that, a mirror, with a sensor to detect the beams of following cars and adjust. It does not provide a camera picture, if that’s what you mean. Neither do the outside rear view mirrors.
Thank you for clarifying. Some of the earlier information regarding the 2019 Volt made it hard to understand whether the Volt would have a digital rear view camera (like the Bolt) or something else.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Great to see those pics of the interior!

Reminds me a bit of the Gen 1 2011 white seats. It looks more white from the pics -- but I can see a bit of the gray/blue you mentioned. It's dramatic.

The jet black brandy is richer, but this new interior is cooler. No reflection on the front window either.

·
Registered
464 Posts
No reflection on the front window either.
Pretty sure that reflection is still there and very noticeable in the last pic OP posted. You can see the vents clearly in the reflection among other things. It's not a huge deal for me, it is there however.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Pretty sure that reflection is still there and very noticeable in the last pic OP posted. You can see the vents clearly in the reflection among other things. It's not a huge deal for me, it is there however.
I have a black colored DashMat on the dashboard of my Black/Brandy colored interior 2017 Volt. The DashMat banishes all windshield reflections from the light colored dashboard but the reflections from the defrost vents. The only thing that will eliminate the reflection from the defrost vents is to wear polarized sunglasses.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks in advance!

Norm2019
2019 Volt Premier
For winter tires I have studded Nokian Hakkapelita 8, same size as OEM tires. 2 winters and I am very satisfied. Great traction on ice and snow (we have a lot of ice in downtown Quebec). For 16 inch tires setup I don't know, I prefer near OEM sizes. Don't forget about those 4 TPMS sensors if you use a second set of wheels.

I don't know if you plan to keep it for long or if it's a lease, but a protective plastic film on the hood is a good idea to avoid stonechips and damages to the paint. Specially with the volt, don't forget to protect the door sills and the rear bumper near the cargo area, those are the first places you will scratch your paint.

And if yout don't like to clean your carpet in the car, this is what it takes:

https://www.amazon.ca/Husky-Liners-...automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks in advance!

Norm2019
2019 Volt Premier
Félicitations Norm!

Regarding tires I’ve ran 2 winters with 16 inch ice/snow tires with no real issues. I’m in western Canada and nearly everyone does -1 on the winters. Heck if I had a car with 18s or 19s I’d probably do -2.
IMHO, you get more sidewall flex when hitting lumps of ice and I’m sure the flexibility also helps with traction.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts