GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2019 Volt; last one they were going to get. One thing that annoyed me but I chose to ignore is that I noticed the driver door button could be used to lock the car, but not unlock it. After reading the manual and looking at the setup options, I see this should work, but it does not. I have tried changing the Passive Lock options; turning them off and on, and even reset to factory for my remote, but nothing will make this work. I cannot unlock the car with the button on any door. I have to fish out my remote to unlock the car. Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to fix this or am I going to have to take the car to the dealer the day after I bought it?

Thanks,

Norm

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Sounds like a warranty repair to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out. I noticed that when I pressed the button on the door to try to unlock it, the parking lights flashed four times. I did a search on a PDF of the owner's manual and discovered that there is a setting that is changed by using the key FOB rather than the settings in the car. I had to hold down on both lock and unlock buttons simultaneously on the key FOB. That toggled the setting. Now the door handle buttons will unlock the doors.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I figured it out. I noticed that when I pressed the button on the door to try to unlock it, the parking lights flashed four times. I did a search on a PDF of the owner's manual and discovered that there is a setting that is changed by using the key FOB rather than the settings in the car. I had to hold down on both lock and unlock buttons simultaneously on the key FOB. That toggled the setting. Now the door handle buttons will unlock the doors.
Talk about obscure...

Good hunting.

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
You read the manual? And the PDF version at that. You are a 1%'r and welcome here with open arms, haha!

Nice find. thanks for the followup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts