GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the exact same issue for the last couple years. The vibration really shakes the car and only happens when ICE is running while braking. I see a lot of complaints about this online but cannot seem to find any solutions. Anyone here find a solution yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed the same behavior - when gas engine is on and braking I felt a vibration. I believe this only happened when the caliper brakes were being engaged, not the regen braking. My mechanic replaced all engine mounts (1 top engine mount, 1 bottom engine mount, 1 transmission mount). I believe that fixed it. Note, replacing the transmission mount requires removing the electric motor's inverter, so be sure you mechanic knows how to do this safely. My original bottom engine mount was torn. The top engine mount and transmission mount was not torn, but had more play than the new ones. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I believe it's a mount issue. I still have the problem. I fixed 1 mount at a time. I did the top engine mount, no fix. Then i did transmission mount ( i was told by another shop the guy did it wrong) and now I guess i'll do that last bottom engine mount. Pretty sure this is the issue for everyone in here who hasn't fixed it, most likely need to replace all mounts. I will update when I do any more work to the car

21 - 23 of 23 Posts